About this Module
The YAML Form module is a form builder and submission manager for Drupal 8.
The primary use case for this module is to:
- Build a new form or duplicate an existing template
- Publish the form as a page, node, or block
- Collect submissions
- Send confirmations and notifications
- Review submissions online
- Download submissions as a CSV
Evaluate this project online using simplytest.me.
Watch a demo of the YAML Form module.
- A comprehensive form and survey building solution for Drupal 8.
- A stable, maintainable, and tested API for building forms and handling submission.
- A pluggable/extensible API for custom form elements and submission handling.
Blog Posts & Articles
Even though the YAML Form module is still under active development with regular beta releases, all existing configuration and submission data will be maintained and updated between releases. APIs can and will be changing while this module moves from beta releases to a final release candidate.
Simply put, if you install and use the YAML Form module out of the box AS-IS, you should be okay. Once you start extending forms with plugins, altering hooks, and overriding templates, you will need to read each release’s notes and assume that things will be changing.
- Comparison of Form Building Modules
Drupal has a lot of modules aimed at helping site builders and users add forms to their sites. The Comparison of Form Building Modules page includes rough comparisons of three of them for Drupal 8 and five of them for Drupal 7.
Contact + Contact Storage
The Contact module allows site visitors to send emails to other authenticated users and to the site administrator. The Contact Storage module provides storage for Contact messages which are fully-fledged entities in Drupal 8. Many of it’s features are likely going to be moved into Drupal Core.
The Webform module provides forms and surveys for Drupal 7.
The Webform module has not been ported to Drupal 8.